Thursday, October 9, 2008

Building the mind and muscle is equally important

Found this quote while on my daily visit to the body building site "To get what you've never had you must do what you've never done!"
Now doesn't that sum it all up? Reminds me of other quotes like "if it isn't broke, don't fix it", and if it isn't working then fix it!
Over the years of trying different meal and exercise plans I've come to the conclusion that there is no perfect plan that fits the masses. We have to find out what works best for us as an individual and work it for the full duration.
I'm not going to be 100% sure if a plan works, if I don't stick to it, or give it less than what it demands. In trying different plans I can pull a bit from each one to create a package that works best for me.
The outcome of my goals is a true reflection of two things

1) How effective and balanced are the meal and exercise plans

2) My input
Exercise plan: must consist of a healthy balance of strength training, cardio with intensity at least 5 days a week.
Meal Plan: must consist of more fibrous carbs (vegetables and limited fruit), protein intake of at least half your body weight in grams, reduced sugar intake by 75% or total elimination, alcohol drink limited to one per week or total elimination, no coffee, and one cheat meal per week if desired or every 10 days.

Got involved in a new challenge with a friend and co-worker...will share details this Saturday.

My workout and eating plan is consistent - this PM it will be upper 15min/ sit-ups 1:30 min/Cardio 25 min.

Stay the course and remember, it takes work, but it is worth it!

No comments: