Sunday, March 30, 2008

A healthy lifestlye benefits the pocket book too!

This is what I said no to!

and that!



I'm into day 8 of 30 of my challenge and I'd like to stop and express my personal thanks to Suzette, Joni, Deb an Lilia for being personally supportive and encouraging to me by your words and works since the "shredder council" was formed.
While thinking about my abstinence I realized that I'm not only benefiting physically and mentally from doing this, but my pocket book is healthier too:-)
I'm actually saving approximately $80-$100 from cutting out desserts/treats/alcohol from my diet for 30 days! Scary but I did the math!
My plan for this week is to continue to be faithful to my commitment/challenge and double cardio for 4 days this week, (20 min of stair climbing in the AM & 20-25 min of T.Mill and or biking in the PM) my strength training will be 20 min of 1x25 set of medium & 1x10 of heavy and sit-ups.
My eating will include salads with lunches and dinners with a 3/1 days of carb cycling.
You become empowered when you move from "I can" to "I'm doing"!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man, that must have been hard to not eat! good on you for sticking to your guns.
"give and it shall be given back to you, pressed down, shaken together, running over." thanks for giving of your kind words and encouragement you have shown to me and others.
shred on!

Marbella said...

Diane, the best part about your shredding is that you are so organized and have it all down and planned. Can´t fail that way! Good luck to you...that cake sure looked good!
Lynda

KaliLilla.com said...

Good for you Diane - resisting the temptation. Sounds like you have a good plan lined up. Keep up the great work!

Debbie said...

Diane, you are doing great. That's a lot of money to save - extra motivation. We should all do a similar calculation.

Stay strong and focused.

Debbie