Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Day 2 of 30 in week 6 and all about mental action


My plan for today's AM workout was 5 min warm up, then 4 sets of one body part between 12-6 reps, then 2 min cardio etc until I completed my full body strength training. Then, this PM it would be all cardio - however, something happened while I was finishing my last 2 min on the bike. I suddenly had a burst of energy - though my limbs were burning, I just had a surge to do my pm workout at that moment. I did and it was an amazing experience - I can't recall the last time I had such a surge - 30 min of intense cardio and it didn't have anything to do with my physical state...it was all mental.
This experience simply confirms that to get results we need to take action - mental action, because when our body wants to quit or stop, we need a reserve, mental ammunition to draw from. As much as we need to workout our physical body to get healthier or reach a fitness goal, it is as important to workout the muscle of our mind.
OK, that's it for today time to hit the books! Have a great day all!
PS You may want to check out this site http://business.blinkweb.com/





2 comments:

Marbella said...

Hi Diane,
I just finished posting that what I really need to do is find my MENTAL road, and there you go and have found yours. I truly feel that is the secret to all of this. Getting our heads on right. So glad you are doing so well. Will check out that website in a minute.
Bye,
Lynda

angie nicholas said...

hey thanks for the suggestion about the bagels. any other pointers would be great Angie