Monday, April 13, 2009

A great workout begins before you hit the gym

My mind was fired up on all cylinders and ready to move with deliberate steps towards my final 18 days of cutting.
I've decided to post daily entries for the next 18 days out. Pics will be posted weekly.
This AM as promised I was up at 5, and completed an intense 20 min of cardio and sit-ups.
My eating for today was NC and by the time I had finished work at 3pm my body was feeling and craving carbs, and mentally I was drained from a busy day at the office.
On my way home I was walking through my routine but my body wasn't feeling the rush that I would usually feel when I prime my mind into ready mode for my workouts.
I arrived home physically and mentally exhausted but decided to have a meal for energy and delay my workout for 1 hour. 45 min later I was laced up and had an amazing strength training session plus 25 min of HITT. I felt the burn during each session and loved it.
Lesson learned? Success or a great workout begins before you experience the success/reward - there's a sense of pure joy when you rise above the "feelings" and do what you know needs to be done to get you where you want to go. When you talk yourself into doing what's beneficial instead of taking the easy way out. It's about not only moving the body, but it begins with moving the mind by bringing those empowering thoughts within you to life.
Now that's where success and a great workout begins.

No comments: