Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The importance of zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!

Yesterday was a weird day...weird in the sense that despite the beautiful sunny weather that has finally hit Vancouver-Yippee!!! Myself along with a few other co-workers were struggling. Our bodies felt lethargic...to the point where my legs felt heavy...my body I knew was craving carbs...a clear indication that it was time to carb load.
I ended up at my local gelato store and treated myself to 1 scoop of chocolate mint ice-cream. It was my rest day so I took it easy literally. Attended to some paperwork, then at 9:45 pm I was in bed.
Say what you will but as I laid in bed my mind travelled to what I need to do next with my business, and I suddenly realized that I never asked God to bless this business. Duh!! So I did, then I said a prayer asking for a restful sleep, then I prayed for a friend who is having surgery today. It dawned on me that I had become so wrapped up with all that's been buzzing around me, that I'd neglected the spiritual aspect of my life - that brings a healthy balance to my life. I am not a religious person, but do believe in God, His love and the equal balance of spirit, soul and body.
Anyhoo, needless to say my sleep last night was the best I'd had in months which brings me to the conclusion that proper sleep is vitally important as proper eating and exercising along with having a spiritual connection. My mind is clear, my body feels like it was treated to an amazing spa experience. Wow!
"When you find what works best for you; keep working it"

No comments: